Microsoft has released Windows 11 Cumulative Update 22H2 KB5027231 to address security vulnerabilities and introduce 34 changes, improvements, and bug fixes.
KB5027231 is a mandatory Windows 11 cumulative update containing the June 2023 Patch Tuesday security updates that fix 78 vulnerabilities and thirty-eight remote code execution flaws in various Microsoft products.
Windows 11 users can install today’s update by going to Begin > Settings > Windows Update and clicking on ‘Check for updates.’
Windows 11 users can also manually download and install the update from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
What’s new in Windows 11 KB5027231
After installing today KB5027231 update, Windows 11 22H2 will change its build number to 22621.1848.
Microsoft has made thirty-four changes in Windows 11 22H2 KB5027231 update, with the highlights listed below:
- The update fixes a known issue affecting 32-bit applications that are great conscious address and use the CopyFile API. This bug causes problems when saving, copying, or attaching files, causing a “Document not saved” error to appear. This issue only affects 32-bit applications and will likely occur if you are using commercial or enterprise security software that uses extended file attributes.
- Microsoft fixed a compatibility issue that sometimes occurs with unsupported use of the Windows registry.
- This update shows the full storage capacity of all your Microsoft Microsoft OneDrive subscriptions. It also displays the total storage on the Accounts page of the Settings app.
- This update adds support for Bluetooth® Low Energy (LE) audio. If you have a compatible device, you can now experience better audio quality fidelity and lower power consumption when using Bluetooth LE Audio headphones and earphones.
- Microsoft has improved Narrator so that it correctly announces text attributes in files and documents, such as “misspelled”, “editing deletion”, and “comment”.
- If you are using a touch keyboard, this update fixes an issue that sometimes results in an incorrect layout. This update also ensures that the correct layout is displayed for Windows users using a Canadian-French keyboard.
- This update also fixes a bug preventing the installation of multifunction label printers.
- This update fixes an issue that affects audio playback. It fails on devices with certain processors.
Microsoft is only aware of one ongoing issue for Windows 11 22H2 that has not been resolved in this update, namely provisioning packages not working as expected.
You can review last month Windows 11 Preview Update Bulletin KB5026446 for a full list of changes in this cumulative update.