Microsoft has released Windows 11 Cumulative Update KB5025239 for version 22H2 to address security vulnerabilities and introduce 25 changes, improvements, and bug fixes.
KB5025239 is a mandatory Windows 11 cumulative update because it contains the April 2023 Patch Tuesday security updates which fix 97 vulnerabilities in various Microsoft products.
Windows 11 users can install today’s update by going to Begin > Settings > Windows Update and clicking on ‘Check for updates.’
Windows 11 users can also manually download and install the update from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
What’s new in Windows 11 KB5025239
After installing today’s non-security update, Windows 11 22H2 (KB5025239) will have its build number replaced by 22621.1555.
Microsoft has made twenty-five changes in Windows 11 22H2 KB5025239 update, with the highlights listed below:
- This update adds the Windows Local Administrator Password (LAPS) solution as a Windows Inbox feature. For more information, see By popular demand: Windows LAPS available now!
- A compatibility issue caused by incompatible use of the Windows registry has been resolved.
- Microsoft is now adding notifications to the Windows Start menu for a limited number of Windows 11 users. Microsoft says they will show different visual treatments when testing this feature.
- The taskbar search box will be brighter when you set Windows to a custom color mode. For example, you’ll notice this change when you set Windows Mode to Dark and App Mode to Light.
- This update fixes a bug that caused Microsoft PowerPoint to become unresponsive when using accessibility tools.
- Microsoft Narrator now reads drop-down lists in Microsoft Excel.
- Microsoft fixed a bug in Windows Notepad that prevented all available settings options from being displayed.
- An issue causing USB printers to be classified as media devices has been fixed.
Microsoft is aware of three ongoing issues for Windows 11 22H2 that have not been resolved in this update.
These are problems that cause provisioning packages not working as expectedslow copy speeds when copying large multi-gigabyte (GB) files over SMB, and starting problems if you use third-party UI customization apps.
You can review last month Windows 11 Preview Update Bulletin KB5023778 for a full list of changes in this cumulative update.