The Flipper Zero team has launched its own “Flipper Apps” mobile application store, allowing mobile users to install third-party applications and extend the functionality of the popular wireless pen test tool.
Flipper Zero is a portable multi-function tool allowing pen testers and hacking enthusiasts to tinker with a wide range of hardware using RFID emulation, digital passkey cloning, radio communications, NFC, infrared, Bluetooth, and more.
Although it caused controversy after videos showed it was used to open garage doors, unlock cars, clone RFID chips and trigger doorbells, it remains a powerful educational and safety research tool for those who use it responsibly.
With the launch of the Flipper Apps application store, the Flipper Zero community will be able to comfortably install apps specially created for and confirmed to work on the device.
Previously, Flipper Zero users had to source apps for the device themselves, usually from code repositories like GitHub, and load them onto the device via a microSD card. With the new mobile app store, owners can easily scroll through available and tested apps and install them on their devices.
“More than 350,000 customers use Flipper Zero to interact with wireless devices, such as IoT sensors, televisions and air conditioners, and access control systems such as garage doors, boom barriers, remote keyless systems and RFID card systems,” it reads. Pinball press release.
“With the launch of Flipper Apps, users can extend the functionality of their devices with custom apps.”
The new app store is integrated with the latest Flipper Zero mobile apps for Android and iOS, with BleepingComputer confirming that it offers 101 apps, including games, hex editors, fuzzers, universal remotes, NFC apps and GPIO apps.
The full list of currently available Pinball Zero apps compiled by BleepingComputer is listed below.
|The game of life
|[GPIO] 7 segment output
|VB Migration Wizard
|[GPIO] Sentinel Safe
|[GPIO] Time lapse
|[ESP32] Wi-Fi Marauder
|Temperature sensor reader
|EM4100 Key Generator
|4 in line
|FlipBIP Crypto Wallet
|guess the color
|Jet pack game
|roots of life
|The Rubik’s Cube Jammer
|ESP turn signal
|Send SMS to SAM
|rock Paper Scissors
|tic tac toe
Flipper’s announcement for the launch of Flipper apps highlights the following apps:
- Pinball Authenticator: Implements two-step verification for major services via TOTP.
- Pinball Pneumatic Mouse: Turns Flipper into a USB or Bluetooth mouse to control devices.
- Games: Tetris, Minesweeper, Arkanoid, Asteroids, Flappy Bird, poker and other games adapted to the screen of Pinball Zero, plus radio module multiplayer options.
- Temperature sensor readers: Application to read temperature, humidity and pressure sensors such as DHT11/22, DS18B20, etc.
- Xbox controller: An IR remote control for Xbox One.
- Multi-Fuzzer: Pen test application for vulnerability checks on iButton/RFID readers.
- sear: Reads credentials from different card formats (requires adapters) and saves them for later use.
Although Flipper Zero has encountered difficulties in some national markets, like braziland on online platforms like Amazonwhere it is classified as a card skimming tool, its popularity as a handheld penetration tester remains unmatched.
The introduction of Flipper Apps is poised to expand its user base, attracting a larger audience and further strengthening its market presence and success.